Open Source Seeds
This site was set up to explore the concept of open source seeds. Since then the Open Source Seed initiative has started up and is doing great work.
We are a worldwide community of farmers that build and modify our own tools. We share our hacks online and at meet ups because we become better farmers when we work together.
Open Food network
Showcase your team, products, clients, about info, testimonials, latest posts from the blog, contact form, additional calls to action. Everything translation ready.
farmOS is a Drupal distribution for managing an operating farm. It includes modules and configuration for managing areas, plantings, animals, equipment, and more
FarmBot ships with the most common electronics of the DIY world: The Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduino Mega 2560. These platforms work seamlessly with the FarmBot software right out of the box.
Bristol Fish project
Bristol Fish Project is an Aquaponics project. I’m going to be playing around with Open Source monitoring and control
A free and open database for farming and gardening knowledge
The Things Network
We are on a mission to build a global open crowdsourced Internet of Things data network.
The Agroecology lab
Carbon sequestering agriculture; Productive & Evidence based
Improving on Farm Protein Production, Food Security, and Ecological Resilience.
The Agroecology lab conducts research into human-scale, low-carbon agroecological systems for the UK context. It operates from a one-acre site near Yate
- Takes a scientific approach that uses ecological theory to study, design, manage and evaluate proof of concept agricultural systems.
- Considers interactions of all important biophysical, technical and socioeconomic components of farming systems and regards these systems as the fundamental units of study
- Aims for zero fossil fuel inputs
- Aims for zero inputs of off-site fertility
- Focuses on crop systems producing protein-rich staple foods.
- Shares research outputs using an open source methodology